Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Gemini FTW!

Loyal readers will recall that a few years ago, I got run over by a lying, scene-of-accident-fleeing sack of shit in a blue Ford Taurus.

Back then, I said I would be investigating options as to dealing with the miscreant. Investigate I did... my lawyer advised that no good lawyer would help me sue (I'd win, but miscreant has no money to pay my lawyers any percentage of)... but my lawyer also advised me to check with my own auto insurance company, because I had about 50-50 odds that my own Uninsured Motorist policy would cover my accident, a pedestrian hit-and-run.

Sure enough, mine did!

Thanks to my aforementioned lawyer, whom I adore, I was able to negotiate a nice little cash settlement from my own insurance company. Unexpected and pretty sweet.

Oh, but that's not all.

Tonight, I get a letter from my own insurance company, roughly along these lines:
Hi, as you know, we recently paid you a nice little cash settlement. It is our intention now to go after the miscreant who hit you, to try to recover for ourselves some of the money we just paid you. This letter is to advise you that we might ask you to come testify against the lying sack of shit if it ever comes to that; hope you don't mind. Love, State Farm.
Let the happy dance, on my skillfully repaired and rehabilitated knee, commence.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

That is AWESOME.