Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Obscure skillz. I has them.

Jobs that no longer appear on my résumé:
  • Copy center assistant at the University of Washington
    • Allows me to claim that I've worked at UW since age 16
  • Barista before they were called baristas, in Seattle of course
  • Garageman at a SeaTac Airport rental car agency
    • Officially "vehicle service attendants" by then, but I demanded to be called the old-school term
  • Salmon processor in Bristol Bay, Alaska
    • Not recommended; mostly a scam
  • Industrial laundry attendant in Anchorage
  • Temp
  • Starbucks barista in Plano, Texas
  • Credit card call center associate
  • Home mortgage and community reinvestment data analyst
  • FoxPro programmer
    • Sometimes I do admit to this one on the résumé
  • Veterinary assistant at after-hours emergency clinic
  • Veterinary receptionist at day clinic
    • Zzz
Not so much an interesting memoir as a source of nearly endlessly annoying anecdotes and trivial knowledge. Altogether, a good reason to keep me away from a second drink at parties.

No comments: